Unable to onboard more than 5 branches

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension): 8.3 (Enterprise)
  • what are you trying to achieve: Multiple Branch Analysis
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this: Multiple analysis

Hi Team,
Is there limit on onboarding branches? on single project in SonarQube Enterprise 8.3?

I onboarded 4 branches successfully, while doing the 5th one, the analyses got saved into main branch.

I am using Azure Devops to run the anaysis.

Below as we see I trigger the analysis on L3_DEVELOP, but I dont see that branch in SonarQube.

When I neviagte to “Branch and Pull Request”, I found that the analysis is stored into “Main Branch”

Please suggest, is this a expected behavior? Do I need to add additional sonar.property ?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Are you utilizing our SonarScanner for Azure DevOps? You didn’t specify.

Also, I’m confused by your second screenshot. It doesn’t show anything to demonstrate why you think your analysis of the L3_DEVELOP branch wound up in the main branch.

Hi Jeff

I am working with @Aanvekar001 on the same issue, we are colleagues.

Yes we are using SonarScanner for Azure Devops
Version: 4.10.0

Below is the screenshot of sonar portal where we do not see the last branch which is “L3_Develop”. Though the updates are published and uploaded from azure build pipeline.

Let me know if anything i should include which will hell to clear the confusion here.

Thanks
Chaitanya

Hi All,

Replacing the main branch in GIT indeed resolved the issue.

Thanks,
Abhishek