- SonarQube 7.9.2
- Firefox 75.0
When attempting to extended an existing Quality Profile in the SonarQube UI using Firefox 75.0 (latest version as of this writing), either nothing will happen, or a new Quality Profile will be created for the language, instead of creating a new Quality Profile extension.
Whether it’s one outcome or the other appears to be random, although based on some brief testing I’ve done it may be centered around using a longer name and/or including spaces in the name.
In both cases, an
uncaught exception: undefined error is shown in the Firefox developer console. Unfortunately this error doesn’t include any info:
This was also reproduced in a Firefox private window with no extensions loaded.
This behavior and the console error do not happen in any Chromium-based browser.
Use any Chromium-based browser to extend Quality Profiles, e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Brave.
- Navigate to Quality Profiles in Firefox 75.0
- Open the Firefox developer console (F12)
- Select the gear icon next to any Quality Profile and select the Extend option
- Enter a name for extended profile and select Copy
- Note the page simply refreshes or a new profile is created, instead of creating a new profile extension. In both cases, the above error is displayed in the console