Unable to create symbol table for *** -- Registering symbol: 'a' twice in the same scope #bug:fault

Hi,

While analyzing an android project with Sonarqube, it finished with errors for a couple of classes complaining that it was

“Unable to create symbol table for … Registering symbol: ‘a’ twice in the same scope”

I’m using:

SonarQube 7.7
sonarqube-gradle-plugin:2.7.1
SonarJava 5.11 (build 17289)
gradle:3.2.1
Android Studio 3.3.2

Any idea on what’s going on?

Hello @johnnydoamaral, and welcome to SonarSource community!

Could you please provide an example of the class where you receive such warning? Are these classes otherwise compilable? If yes, this would be most likely a bug in semantic engine of SonarJava and we would be happy to fix it.

Hi Tibor,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Yes, all the affected classes compile fine. No repeated identifier in any scope in any of them.

Please find attached the source files of the classes involved. Let me know in case of any doubts.

Thanks in advance.TemporalActivity.txt (1.3 KB)
TokenDialog.txt (1017 Bytes)

hello @johnnydoamaral,

sorry for late reply. I checked the files you attached and they don’t seem to be the reason for failure - they don’t even have any identifier called a . Can you please send full log of the analysis including error message and stacktrace?

Hi @saberduck,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I no longer have that info since I’ve recently got a new machine. Since the mentioned analysis is now irrelevant for our project stage, please disregard this.

Thanks for your help.