Truncating number of hits

Hello,

• Using SonarQube - 6.7.2 Community version
  • Trying to produce coverage results for my C++ project

I upgraded my SonarQube to version 6.7.2 a while ago. Amongst other things, I use SonarQube to track my code coverage results over time for my C++ projects. I use gcovr (version 4.2) to produce the coverage files that Sonar consumes. I just noticed that the log file has been printing this line for quite some time:

INFO: Sensor C++ (Community) CppCheckSensor [cxx] (done) | time=424ms
INFO: Sensor C++ (Community) CoverageSensor [cxx]
INFO: Searching coverage reports by path with basedir ‘redacted’ and search prop ‘sonar.cxx.coverage.reportPath’
INFO: Searching for coverage reports ‘[metrics-results/coverage-reports/coverage-current.xml]’
INFO: Coverage BaseDir ‘redacted’
INFO: Parser will parse ‘1’ report file(s)
WARN: Truncating the actual number of hits (3850595843) to the maximum number supported by Sonar (2147483647)
WARN: Truncating the actual number of hits (3849740584) to the maximum number supported by Sonar (2147483647)
WARN: Truncating the actual number of hits (3847427010) to the maximum number supported by Sonar (2147483647)
INFO: Added coverage report ‘redacted/coverage-current.xml’ (parsed by: CoberturaParser)

Specifically, I am concerned about the warning stating that something is being truncated because there are too many hits. What exactly does this warning mean? Is it throwing away some information from my coverage report because there is too much to process? Is there any way to increase this maximum number?

I am curious to hear if any of you have ran into this. This is for a rather large C++ project (600K+ lines of code) with very extensive testing.

Thanks!

Hi @hcam,

you are using C++ community plugin, not the SonarSource one, please refer to their support channel for help.