Trouble with Real-Time Analysis of C/C++ Code in VisualStudio

I am unable to use SonarLint (v4.33.1.28913) in unconnected mode to analyze code in real-time as I write it. I am using the extension with VisualStudio 2019 (v16.9.3) on Windows 10 (v1909 build 18363.1440) to perform analysis of C/C++ code. I installed the extension using the Manage Extensions window and I have been able to analyze code using the “Run Code Analysis on Solution” option in the Build menu. However, the analysis does not run in real-time as I write the code. Is there something I need to do to enable this feature? I apologize if I missed the answer in my searching before I posted. Thanks for your time!

I have restarted the computer and I made sure it was plugged in :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there.

Live analysis is supported for C# and VB NET but not for C/C++. :confused: You can track this feature at SonarSource/sonarlint-visualstudio #1350

Thanks for the information! I’ll keep the extension updated to get the feature if it is eventually implemented :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.