The sonarqube is running on EC2 instance. But, I am not able to access public-ip-address:9000 from browser

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension) : Latest Version
  • what are you trying to achieve : Just to access the sonarqube using aws elastic ip with port number.
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this : Just to access the sonarqube using aws elastic ip with port number.

Hi Nagesh,

SonarQube will listen by default on port 9000, as set on your $SONARQUBE_HOME/conf/sonar.properties file, in the sonar.web.port parameter.

Beyond this, if you do not manage to access it from outside your AWS VPN, you will need to check your networking setup on the AWS side. We cannot really help with this. Still, and without being an expert, I would recommend to check your EC2 instance’s Security Group and/or ACL settings to make sure port 9000 is open for the outside world.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am able to connect using private ip and my sonarqube service is running fine. But when i try to access sonarqube using public ip its not working.

Thanks,
Nagesh