As a DevOps engineer, we get a lot of requests from users to be administrators for their projects. This can be problematic as you could get lots of requests and can be hard to maintain as time goes on. When linking a Github repo into SonarQube, it would be useful if the repo owner was also synced over into the SonarQube project as an admin which would save a lot of time. It would also allow the repo owner to make the changes they want rather than submitting a request to make changes.
A few questions to help you:
- What are you trying to accomplish? Easier way to sync repo owners as admins on a SonarQube project
- Why does this matter to you? It could be harder to maintain over time with new employees coming and going within the company
- How would that look in [product]? Alternatives? Under project permissions, you should see the repo owner having admin privileges for the project.
- How would we know it works well? We would receive less tickets requesting admin roles and allows then the repo owner to make the necessary changes on their project
- Why should it be a priority now? It is a priority for us as it would help our team