- SonarQube 7.1
- SonarLint for Eclipse 3.6
Steps to reproduce
- Setup SonarQube server with more than 10000 rules
- C (Community) and C++ (Community) have 3.9k rules each
- Java has 1.8k rules
- Add support for some languages with less rules to > 10000
- Sync SonarLint with SonarQube
Sync fails with error message: “Found more than 10000 rules in the SonarQube server, which is not supported by SonarLint”.
- Remove some of the languages with less rules.
- Move C and C++ languages to a second SonarQube instance.
Possible and would fix the problem, but more administration overhead.
- https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SLI-271 (improved error message)
I think the main problem here is that C and C++ have more rules than expected by SonarQube.
Support for more than 10000 rules would be helpful. If complete support is not possible, maybe an option to select which rules to sync with SonarLint