Sudden spike in usage

We’ve experience an extreme spike in usage, we’ve tried to find the reason. But lack the function to query for usage.

I was advised by you support email to open a question here.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

Can you provide more details? Usage of what? Lines of Code? CPU on the CI side? Memory during analysis? Something else?

Can you provide a full analysis log?

The analysis / scanner log is what’s output from the analysis command. Hopefully, the log you provide - redacted as necessary - will include that command as well.

This guide will help you find them.

 
Ann

So we are often well within our usage of this:

500k max private lines of code

But now had to upgrade, about half way through the billing period:

I’m not quite sure I understand your answer. We’ve tried to trace where the extra usage is coming from. But can’t find it - thus requesting the support from you. Hoping that you can give us an answer easily buy looking at our previous months of usage and then looking what has been different for this month

Hi,

So you’re saying it’s your License Lines of Code that increased.

Sorry, but no, we don’t have that data.

You can find it, but will be tedious to do.

  • For each project
  • For each branch
  • Go to the Activity tab
  • Choose Custom in the graph selector dropdown
  • Click Add metirc
  • Choose Lines of Code
  • See if the graph jumps up on the right → if so, you’ve found the source

 
HTH,
Ann