SonarQube Web Server is stopping abruptly

Using SonarQube 7.6 Community Edition

Trying to set up the Web Server on an SLES Machinees.txt (56.5 KB) sonar.txt (13.6 KB) web.txt (33.0 KB)

Have gone through everything mentioned at https://docs.sonarqube.org/7.6/setup/install-server/

Attaching log files here.

Please help.

Thanks,
Shubham

Hi Subham,

Welcome to the community!

Exactly what flavor and version of Java are you running? If I google the last ‘Caused by’ in your web.log, I’m led to questioning your Java install

Ann

1 Like

Hi Ann,

Thanks for looking into the issue. Below is what you asked for.

java -version

openjdk version “1.8.0_181”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.9.0) (build 1.8.0_181-b13 suse-27.26.2-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)

Thanks,
Shubham

Hi @ganncamp,

Have you been able to look into this yet?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shubham

Hi Shubham,

I’m trying to recruit some help on this but Europe seems to go on vacation in August. Maybe now that we’ve hit September I’ll have some luck.

Ann

1 Like

Hi Shubham,

I can’t make anything better from the logs than @ganncamp’s investigation.

However, my interpretation of her link to a possible cause of this mysterious null error is that it relates to your OS install rather than the Java install (or at best both).

I come to this conclusion from the title of the ticket which reads:

Build java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.91-2.b14.fc23 breaks tomcat startup for FreeIPA when nss is not upgraded as well`

In your seat, I’d check my OS, and that nss package in particular, and anyway dig deeper into that redhat ticket discussion.

Cheers,

2 Likes

I just hit the command zypper lu to see if there were any updates available for the installed packages on my machine. I got an overwhelming list of updates that were available. Then I hit zypper up and rebooted my machine so that all of the services get restarted properly to use the latest packages and files. This seems to have done the trick and I was finally able to start the SonarQube server and log into the UI.

Thanks a lot for all your help and time, @ganncamp and @sns-seb.