SonarQube suppressed Old Issues Raised as New Issues

Hi,

We have recently upgraded our SonarQube community version: from 8.9 LTS to 8.9.10 LTS on 28-Oct-2022

One of our project in SonarQube is facing issue that there old suppressed Issues are raised as New Issues.
→ The suppressions + arguments (comments) have already been entered into SonarQube over the last 2 years.
This happened after they have shifted to new Red Hat on 27 Oct 2022

There are multiple changes happened on Project side:

Old Jenkins New Jenkins
CentOS Linux 8.1 Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.5
cmake version 3.11.4 cmake version 3.20.2
gcc version 8.3.1 gcc version 8.5.0
Qt version 5.12.5 Qt version 5.15.8

project is using RTC-SCM

This will lead to change in the analysis setting sonar.cxx.includeDirectories

• sonar.cxx.includeDirectories=/usr/include,/usr/include/c++/8,/usr/include/c++/8/x86_64-redhat-linux,/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/8/include,/opt/qt/Qt5.15.8/5.15.8/gcc_64/include,/opt/qt/Qt5.15.8/5.15.8/gcc_64/include/QtNetwork,cg-etcs-pi-aramis/src/main/native,cg-etcs-pi-aramis/src/main/native/Connection,cg-etcs-pi-aramis/src/main/native/Command,cg-etcs-pi-aramis/src/main/native/Handlers,cg-etcs-pi-logger/src,cg-etcs-pi-pii/src/main/native/include

I have went through these blogs Old Issues Raised as New Issues
Old issue became new?

According to the above blog if we change anything from the previous analysis setting that will lead suppressed Old Issues to raised as New Issues.

I need to verification if this is the main cause or something else???

Regards,
Sheetal

Hi Sheetal,

Since C and C++ analysis is offered in commercial editions of SonarQube, I’m sure you can understand why we don’t support the Cxx plugin here.

To understand what’s going on here, you’ll need to dig into the rules raising the issues & that will need to be handled with the Cxx maintainers.

HTH,
Ann