SonarQube integration without msbuild task - nant

I’m using SonarQube Scanner Version : 5.4.0

I am trying to integrate Sonarqube with AzureDevOps on community edition. My CI pipeline uses nant to build the
dependency and puts in a specific folder. There fore I am using manually provide configuration option in mode.while running the code analysis I am getting below error

ERROR: Validation of project reactor failed:
o To use the property “sonar.branch.name” and analyze branches, Developer Edition or above is required. See Branch Analysis | SonarQube Docs for more information.
ERROR:
ERROR: Error during SonarScanner execution
ERROR: Validation of project reactor failed:
o To use the property “sonar.branch.name” and analyze branches, Developer Edition or above is required. See Branch Analysis | SonarQube Docs for more information.

Please help.

Hi Sachin - welcome to the community :slight_smile:

It’s a very long time since I have used Nant, but I will try and help!

The only way to analyse .NET applications is using the msbuild option. I presume that your Nant build contains msbuild commands? If so you should select the ‘integrate the with msbuild’ option. As long as there is a build running between your ‘prepare task’ and ‘run code analysis’ you should see a result.

Tom

Hi again Sachin!

If you follow the above advice and still have a problem it could be related to your SonarQube version, which one are you using?

Tom