SonarQube Integration with Jenkins using the C program

Hi Team,

Need to configure the SonarQube in Jenkins for the embedded programming language i.e C.

Could you please provide me the steps, how can we integrate in Jenkins using the Jenkins declarative pipeline in Jenkinsfile.

Is any Cost involved in this?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

C++ analysis is part of the commercial editions, starting with Developer Edition. And here are the docs to get you started.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the information.

We are using the community edition. For the C language, we need to go for the higher edition.

Could you please provide the steps, how can we upgrade to higher edition. and the cost involved if we go for the Developer edition.

Hi,

The trial request page should help.

Ann

Hi Ann,

I see that the Developer Edition is priced per instance per year and based on your lines of code.

I expect that it will analysis a code base of N lines and stop the run when the codebase is bigger than that. we should be able to run it as many times as we want. Please confirm. We are interested to got for the developer edition if this is the way it works.

Hi,

Yes, pricing is by Lines of Code on your instance and per year.

As to how it works, let’s take an example. Let’s say you have a license for 100k LOC and you have a 1k LOC project. Analyze that project 100 times, and you’ve “used up” … 1k of your LOC.

Analyze two different 50k LOC projects (once or a thousand times, it makes no difference), and then you’ve used your 100k and it’s time to ask for a bigger license.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the information,

Got the free trial developer license. we are using the Kubernetes,
Could you please let me know, how can we upgrade Sonarqube developer edition using the Kubernetes.

Regards,
Nagaraj

Hi Nagaraj,

We don’t support Kubernetes, and it’s not in our road map for this year. We do offer Docker images, which you’ll find on Docker Hub.

Ann

Hi Ann,

We got the Developer edition license. Could you help me, how can I install the SonarQube Developer edition on AWS EC2 instance using the docker.

Is any doc ?

Regards,
Nagaraj

Hi Nagaraj,

The docs should get you started.

HTH,
Ann

Hi @ganncamp

Must we build code in Jenkins before scaning SonarQube? Or the scanning can be done without build in Jenkins?
What would be the difference?

Many thanks,
Talia

Hi @TaliaDo,

Welcome to the community!

FYI, in general it’s better to open a new thread than to resurrect an old one. But since I’m assuming you really do want to continue the previous conversation in this old thread, I’ll answer you here.

For C, C++, Objective-C you must compile before analysis. It’s because we use the build wrapper to eavesdrop on the build and gather the data needed to configure a full & correct analysis.

HTH,
Ann