SonarQube errors out processing file

Using SonarQube server 7.9.6, I’m getting the following errors on one of the files in my project

ERROR: Unable to run check class org.sonar.java.se.SymbolicExecutionVisitor
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodBinding.filterTypeAnnotations(MethodBinding.java:227)
ERROR: Unable to run check class org.sonar.java.checks.TooManyParametersCheck - S107 on file
ERROR: Unable to run check class org.sonar.java.checks.spring.SpringIncompatibleTransactionalCheck - S2229 on file

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

What’s your version of SonarQube?

HTH,
Ann

I have Sonarqube Community Edition Version 7.9.6 (build 41879)

I only get these errors only when there is a Spring @EventListener annotation in the code (if I comment it out, no errors!)

when the annotation is there, I also see errors like "Unable to run check class org.sonar.java.se.SymbolicExecutionVisitor "
and “Unable to run check class org.sonar.java.filters.PostAnalysisIssueFilter”

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t know why I didn’t see it there in your first post.

Your version is past EOL and we’ve done a lot of work on analysis since then. You should upgrade to either the latest version or the current LTS at your earliest convenience. Once you do, it’s quite likely that you’ll find that your problem is fixed. Your upgrade path is:

xxx → 7.9.6 → 8.9.2 → 9.1 (last step optional)

You may find the Upgrade Guide and the LTS-to-LTS Upgrade Notes helpful. If you have questions about upgrading, feel free to open a new thread for that here.

If you’re still having a problem after upgrade, feel free to come back to us with the details.

Ann