SonarQube cut-off date

Hello,
I’m looking for some tool to check code in JS/TS, webs. I’ve tried to use SonarQube but I cannot define “cut-off” date (analysis start DT). Our product is developed for 10+ years and has milions lines of code. Checking “the old” code doesn’t make any sense - there will be detected thousend of violations and nobody will fix them. Also analysis will took many hours/days. I saw definition of New Code in sonarqube but as I understand full code scan is required. I searched for some solution, found deprecated Cutoff Date plugin.
Is there any way to check the code only from some defined date?

Thanks,
Pawel

Hi Pawel,

Welcome to the community!

Even with the old Cutoff Date plugin, IIRC, all the code was still analyzed.

You are going to need to run the full analysis. But if the project is really millions of lines of code, perhaps you can analyze logical subsets of it…?

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,
thanks for the reply.
We are using other tools to check JAVA, C++ and C# code. SonarQube will check only JS/TS files. I’m going to set file extension filter to narrow the scope - hope that performance will be acceptable. After that I will find and filter out violations before defined cut-off date.

Thanks,
Pawel

Hi Pawel,

I understand how you’re choosing to slice up analysis. I just want to be clear that SonarQube does analyze Java, C#, and (in commercial editions) C++.

:slight_smile:
Ann

Hi Ann,
yes I will try to slice up analysis.
I know about JAVA, C# in SonarQube, but we are quite happy with our current static analysis tool (Parasoft jTest and dotTest).

Pawel

1 Like