SonarQube 5.6.6 migration from RHEL6 to EKS and Oracle12c to postgres.... what should be safe order to achieve this?

Dear SonarQube engineers/SME’s,

We are new to Sonarqube and planning to migrate it from onprem(on RHEL6 and Oracle 12c) to AWS with EKS and postgres.
Please advise the safe steps to achieve this…

should we migrate to EKS 1st or to Postgres 1st?
Can Sonarqube be at 5.6.6 thru out this migration?
Please share any document available or process steps for each of this steps…

Thanks,
SonarQube user.

Hello,

SonarQube 5.6.6 is so old and a huge number of changes happened since this version that you would better restart from scratch and avoid the headaches of such a migration.

The process to perform a SQ migration is described here: https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/setup/upgrading/. You basically have to upgrade to the nearest 6.x LTS, then 7.9 LTS and then 8.2 (latest as of now) => you need to do 3 migrations, 3 rehearsals, etc…
For the DB, you need to have access to the DB Copy Tool that is provided only to SonarSource customers, to move your data from Oracle to Postgres.

Again, if I were you, I would not start this project but start the one to install a fresh SonarQube 8.2 and change my CI to use it. Or, simply think about moving to SonarCloud.io.

Alex

Hi Alexandre,

Sorry for the delay as was away for a while. Thankyou for your valuable input.

Can you please share any document to install SQ in EKS with stable docker images of latest with postgres…

Thanks Again!