SonarLint IntelliJ - "Inspection Description" popup is neither scrollable nor movable

Versions used
(Sonarlint-Intellij plugin : 4.11.0.20867 - Latest as of today)
(Intellij IDEA) : 2020.2 - Latest as of Today

Step 1:
Click on “Show Inspection Description”.

Step 2:

• Issue 1: If the popup goes off the screen as above, we cannot scroll down to view the entire inspection description.

• Issue 2: Neither can we move the popup with mouse pointer (while in Intellij other popups (quick documentation e.g) can be moved with mouse).

Hello,

Thanks for raising this issue.

I think we don’t have a way to customize this popup. We just provide the content of it, and the layout is managed by IntelliJ. I will double check

Do you know that we recently introduced a context action for each issue ? You can Alt+Enter on an issue, select ‘SonarLint: Show rule description’ and it will bring you to the Issues panel with a detailed description. You can also click on it in the little popup that appears on top of an issue as shown in your screenshot.

Thanks again for your feedback

Damien

Hi @Damien_Urruty,

Thanks for the reply and info about context action, just now I tried and I can see the complete issue description which is great.

Regarding popup window if possible you can confirm whether we cannot customize this popup and I can raise an issue with Intellij.

Thanks!

Hello ss005,

Sorry for the late answer.

I can confirm you that we can’t customize that popup, it is displayed and managed by JetBrains. Feel free to open a ticket on their side if you want.

Thanks
Damien

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.