SonarLint compatibility with Rational® Developer for i (RDi)

Hi, We are trying to explore Sonarlint usage for RPG language using RDi as IDE.
Trying to understand if Sonarlint is compatible with RDi , if yes then how can I get it added in RDi for RPG code scan. We are using RDi version - 9.6.0.12

Hello @digvijay2k2,

Rational Developer for i Series is supported by SonarLint. I’m not sure in recent versions but at some point only Java 8 was supported in RDi, and we recently moved to Java 11 in SonarLint so you would have to use SonarLint for Eclipse 6.2.0. More details on this thread.

RPG is supported in SonarLint only in connected mode, which means you will have to bind your project to SonarQube or SonarCloud.

Hope this helps

Thank you Damien.
We tried executing the steps as outlined in other thread and were able to proceed but the installation still failed with below missing dependency error. Do you have any suggestion/recommendation on how this can be addressed. Thanks in advance !!

Hi Damien,

We tried the install on a prior RDi version and were able to successfully install Sonarlint plugin.
Now while configuring Sonarlint with SonarQube enterprise server we are running into - ’ Unable to find acceptable protocols’ error.
Will you have some insights into this error for resolution ?

Thanks for your help !!

Hello,

Is you server using HTTPS ? Our HTTP client is configured to support TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.3, could it be possible that you server certificate uses another cipher, like TLSv1.1 ? If it’s the case, this version is largely deprecated so I would encourage you to update the certificate.

Hope this helps

Hi Damien,

Yes we are using HTTPS enterprise server. I was able to connect with our SonarQube enterprise team and confirm on server certificate , SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1.2 - this is what we have and are not using TLSv1.1.

We tried installing this on Rdi 9.6.0.7 version and by default Sonarlint V 7.5.0.54140 is prompted to install.
Do you have any recommendation on what can we do next to troubleshoot this issue ?