On days that I work from home, it seems that my download speeds from SonarCloud for plugins/jars is abysmal. I think I’ve been rate limited by SonarCloud.
Here’s what I mean. When I start the sonar scanner from home, it starts to download all plugins that are out of date. However, I can never get beyond downloading the first plugin.
08:41:07.900 DEBUG: Get bootstrap index... 08:41:07.900 DEBUG: Download: https://sonarcloud.io/batch/index 08:41:08.883 DEBUG: Get bootstrap completed 08:41:08.890 DEBUG: Download https://sonarcloud.io/batch/file?name=scanner-sonarcloud-220.127.116.1139-all.jar to /Users/username/.sonar/cache/_tmp/fileCache4676574325080853549.tmp
I can see it downloading (slowly) in the
tmp folder, but it’s something like 12 KB/s… which usually times out, or takes 30 minutes for each plugin.
- This has been happening for the last week or so? But maybe it’s been going on longer than I’ve noticed.
- When I’m at work on a different IP, it downloads the 15MB file (and all other plugins) instantly.
- I’ve checked my network connections against other endpoints and they seem to be fine. It’s only the SonarCloud files/plugins that are slow to download.
- Over cellular, it works fine.
- My ISP won’t assign a new IP address, so I’m out of luck there.
INFO: Scanner configuration file: /usr/local/Cellar/sonar-scanner/18.104.22.1683/libexec/conf/sonar-scanner.properties INFO: Project root configuration file: /Users/username/git/projectname/sonar-project.properties INFO: SonarQube Scanner 22.214.171.1243 INFO: Java 1.8.0_212 AdoptOpenJDK (64-bit) INFO: Mac OS X 10.14.6 x86_64
Is there a possible rate limit happening from SonarCloud to my WAN? Or something else that I can do to resolve this issue?