Sonarcloud App in BitBucket stopped working

We use pull request decoration for a while now in bitbucket with the sonarcloud app, but it stopped working.

On the Source page, first we get “Loading App SonarCloud”, followed by “App SonarCloud is not responding. Wait or cancel.”

On the Repository Settings/Sonarcloud/Settings page, we get an infinite spinner with “Wait, retry, cancel?”

Could this be related to the changed authentication on BitBucket?
See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/Announcement-Bitbucket-Cloud-account-password-usage-for-Git-over/ba-p/1948231

Please advise how to get it working again.
Regards Rene

Hi @ReneVanR ,

I could not find issues specific to your organization/project.
BitBucket yesterday communicated about some issues on their status page, so I am wondering if it could be that; e.g. does PR decoration work again in your BitBucket SonarCloud app?

I’ve also found this past thread, which you may want to check: BitBucket cloud and SonarCloud integration failing

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response.
I have tested it with multiple browsers and on multiple devices. All with the same result. The sonarcloud app is not responding.

Two other teams in our organisation have exactly the same problem.

Kind regards,
Rene

Hi Alex,

I tried to get more information using Chrome Inspect and we got a 403 on this call:
https://sonarcloud.io/integration/bitbucketcloud/repo_widget_data?jwt=eySecretasasdsfdsdfsdfsadfsdf

With this payload:

{
“errors”: [
{
“msg”: “Invalid issuer”
}
]
}

Is it possible to get more information why this call is failing? The integration has worked the past couple of months.

Kind Regards,
Rene

Hi @ReneVanR ,

Would it be possible for you to try uninstalling the SonarCloud app from BitBucket and then re-install from SonarCloud UI?

Regards,
@AlxO

Hey @AlxO, Do you have a possibility to view logs regarding this issue? The thing is that it is workspace related. It only happens for the company workspace as soon as i switch to my personal workspace the sonar widget is loading/interacting properly. So it seems like there is something wrong with permissions. One year ago the pull request decoration broke because sonarcloud updated their security which made it impossible to decorate our pull requests. We have a team account with an organisation which is bound to our sonarcloud account. The team account is a member of the company workspace. Every developer is also part of the company workspace and is also a member of the sonarcloud team workspace. Although this time it seems the entire widget etc is not loading only for the company workspace repositories.

Hi @wesleymooiman ,
If you provide me with a source IP and the time range for a specific execution, I may have a chance to get more information.
Regards,
@AlxO

Hi Alex,

We had some troubles getting hold of someone in our organisation with knowledge and permissions to remove and add the sonarcloud app in bitbucket, but finally it is working again.
Thank you for your help.

Regards Rene

Hi @ReneVanR
Great news. Thanks for the feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.