Sonar support for Elixir

Is there any plan to support Elixir in the future? In the meantime, is there a workaround available to report Elixir projects to SonarQube?

Thanks

Any news and/or comments on Elixir support?

@gvasquez-waypoint

I’ve tried to make it work with some duct tape!

Here is the plugin:

Which I just found out there and compiled, basically it just give you the ability to scan .ex and .exs files.

Then I extended elixir existing tools to create generic reports:

You then need to configure your:

• sonar.externalIssuesReportPaths
  • sonar.coverageReportPaths
  • sonar.testExecutionReportPaths

accordingly.

Coverage and execution works fine, credo plugin need some work to classify correctly bug/codesmell/vulnerability and time effort (right now it reports everything as code smell with 90 minutes time resolution) but it works :slight_smile:

Hope it helps!

3 Likes

Excellent news @adrienmo ! Unfortunately, we’ve just started with SonarCloud, which I’m afraid I won’t be able to integrate out of the box with your tools, but I guess I might use them via a Jenkins Pipeline integrated to SonarCloud. I’ll point my fellow team members is this direction, perhaps we could make them work.

Thanks a lot!

Any further progress on Elixir support? How could it be sent to Sonarcloud?

Hello, I’m also pinging the Sonar team and I would like to know if there is any elixir support in the current roadmap ?
Any details to bring to us ? Seems we are some interested in this.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello,

There is indeed some interest about Elixir and at the same time not at the same level than for Dart or Rust.

While for Dart it’s under consideration, there is no plan at all to bring support for Elixir in a near future.

Alex

1 Like

That’s very disappointing. Especially when considering that Sonarcloud supports rather obscure stuff like Apache Flex :confused:

1 Like

For Flex, I can say that this is a mistake from the past and now we pay the price of it and have to maintain it :frowning: We don’t want to replicate this error and this is why we take the time before jumping into a new language.

Hi, I would like to know if anything has changed since the last comment. Is Elixir still not in the roadmap?

1 Like

Elixir just jumped to the 2nd place in the list of most loved languages

And Phoenix Framework is number one in web frameworks

Maybe it’s time to consider seriously support in Sonarcloud.

2 Likes

FYI, we are tracking the traction about Elixir support thanks to this card.