Sonar scan reported some false positive issues in Objective-C project

Hi,
My company is using SonarQube of Enterprise Edition Version 7.9.1 (build 27448).
We are using sonar c-family plugin to scan the OC project, the command is like below:

build-wrapper-macosx-x86 --out-dir build_wrapper_out_dir_ut xcodebuild clean build test -workspace “XXXX.xcworkspace” -scheme “YYYY” -sdk “iphonesimulator13.2” -destination “platform=iOS Simulator,OS=13.3,name=iPhone 11" -configuration Release MAIN_PROFILE=“ZZZZZZ”

After sonar client uploaded the issues to sonar server, we found some false positive issues like:

The orignal code is like below, (_timerInterval and timerInterval are defined as the same type)

I wound why sonar scan report So obvious false positive issues?

Thanks/Sai

Hey @SaiXu ,

Your screenshot indeed indicates that timerInterval is of type NSTimeInterval, though we can’t see the definition of _timerInterval.

Could you attach more of your code so we can really assess if it’s a FP or not?

Hi @Antoine, thanks for you reply. From the Objective’s grammar, @property (nonatomic, assign) NSTimeInterval timerInterval means there is a property named _timerInterval with type of NStimeInterval of this class. Please refer to https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/ProgrammingWithObjectiveC/EncapsulatingData/EncapsulatingData.html

BTW, if I execute build-wrapper-macosx-x86 with build (not test), there’s no false positive.