SONAR analysis generating issue exclusions for all .cs files

All the .cs files are generating issue exclusions due to which code coverage was very less i.e 0.5%

We have tried implementing sonar through VSO build task in “manually provide configuration” mode and also in “Integreate in MSbuild” mode. In both the cases the .cs files are not scanned and my code coverage is very less.

In addition to that,We have sonar tasks installed and enabled for build definition. what we are seeing is that the quality profiles are being stopped for one build run and it is again started using the quality profiles for the next run automatically. We are consistently seeing the same behavior for the alternate build runs.

Hi,

It’s not clear to me what your problem is. Issue exclusions and code coverage have no relationship to each other.

Also, it is not possible to “stop” a quality profile. However, it is much easier to deal with one problem per thread, so if you’d like to pursue this “In addition” question, it would be simpler all around if you opened a new thread for it, and only provided further detail on your primary question here.

Ann

Hello Ann
what does generating issue exclusions mean? Is this file skipped?

A line from Jenkins sonar scanner job log:

INFO: ‘src/main/java/com/gt/company/ws/common/util/applications/card/CardProductChangeUtils.java’ generating issue exclusions

Hi,

I believe this means you have some Issue Exclusions set, either at the project or global level.

Ann

Hi Ann,
Thank you for your answer, “Ignore Issues on Files” property is empty in our sonarqube instance. Another example of exclusion log this time javascript :

INFO: Sensor SonarJS [javascript]
INFO: 358 source files to be analyzed
INFO: ‘gruntfile.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘server.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘source/font/specimen_files/easytabs.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘source/js/GT.Event.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘source/js/GT.ajax.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘source/js/GT.ajax.manager.js’ generating issue exclusions
INFO: ‘source/js/GT.cache.js’ generating issue exclusions

Hi,

I’m not sure what to tell you. In my test, the “generating issue exclusions” log lines were added after I defined issue exclusions. These can be defined through the UI at the global level and at the project level. They can also be defined in analysis properties, although that’s tricky to get right.

Ann