Sharing comments?

If a lot of issues or hotspots have the same comment text, is there a way to have them share the same comment (i.e., they all have the same key), rather than having N copies of the same text, each with its own comment key?

Hi,

It doesn’t seem that this is available. I’ve just tested using Bulk Change to add comments to multiple issues and gotten an error. So I’m going to move this to the New features category.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann

Can you show the error? I do bulk changes where I will change 25 issues, all the same way, and all with the same comment. (But bulk change is kind of brittle and must be used just in certain ways – see Add way to add comments only in issues/bulk_change and Web_api/api/issues/bulk_change description confusing and Parameter add_tags non-functional in issues/bulk_change).

My only concern is that when I do that, it appears there are 25 identical copies of the same string (each copy has its own key). I’d like them to all point to one key, if possible. In case I want to change the comment, and not have to do it many times. Especially for hotspots, where you eliminated bulk change entirely. Also for space savings in the DB.

Hi,

I thought you were asking to add the same comment to multiple issues without other change. That’s what I got the error on.

But it seems I misunderstood your request. Thanks for clarifying.

Ann