Setting Reference branch not taking full effect

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using - (Sonarqube Developer Edition Version 8.5 (build 37579))
  • what are you trying to achieve - Change Reference branch from Master to Dev
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I have changed the Reference Branch on the Project settings (It used to be Master, its now Dev)
    But it seems like the Master branch is still the reference branch. Look at images attached

How can this be fixed or is there another way to achieve this

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

How about a screenshot of the whole “New Code” setting page? What you’ve shown indicates that dev is in fact configured as the reference branch. How does it show up in the bottom half of that page? Here’s what I see when I configure MAIN BRANCH as reference in a test instance

:

Ann

Hi Ann

See image below, it still shows master as main branch but in the Reference branch window it displays as dev

Have you reanalyzed your branch since changing the setting?

Yes I have reanalyzed my branch, did not make a difference at all

Hi,

I’ve taken a closer look at your settings screenshot. Thanks for providing it.

You’re showing 4 branches. The last 2 are set to use the “Project setting”. That means that whatever’s set at the top of the page is what they’ll use. For the top two branches, master & dev, the project setting has been overridden at the branch level to use “Previous version”. You can change them back using the cog menu at the ends of those rows: you should see a “Reset to Default” option.

HTH,
Ann