Service down - all my builds broken

All my builds are broken - looks like you’re service is down…

Prepare analysis on SonarCloud

04:49:28.011  Failed to request and parse 'https://sonarcloud.io/api/server/version': The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
Unhandled Exception:
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.SonarWebService.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<DownloadServerVersion>b__0()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.SonarWebService.DoLogExceptions[T](Func`1 op, String url, Action`1 onError)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.SonarWebService.DownloadServerVersion()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.SonarWebService.GetServerVersion()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.SonarWebService.GetProperties(String projectKey, String projectBranch)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.TeamBuildPreProcessor.FetchArgumentsAndRulesets(ISonarQubeServer server, ProcessedArgs args, TeamBuildSettings settings, IDictionary`2& serverSettings, List`1& analyzersSettings)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.PreProcessor.TeamBuildPreProcessor.DoExecute(ProcessedArgs localSettings)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.PreProcess()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.BootstrapperClass.Execute()
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.Execute(String[] args, ILogger logger)
   at SonarScanner.MSBuild.Program.Main(String[] args)
d:\a\_tasks\SonarCloudPrepare_14d9cde6-c1da-4d55-aa01-2965cd301255\1.6.0\classic-sonar-scanner-msbuild\SonarScanner.MSBuild.exe failed with return code: 3762504530

I can now see that the site is down for maintenance.

My question now is whether you are looking to perform zero-downtime maintenance? When you bring the site down, my whole company stops. I have 50 people depending on these builds to go through. When the service is down, none of our CI builds work. That includes all our pull requests. It is incredibly disruptive and expensive for us.

Is this something you are looking into? If not, please please please can you do so.

1 Like

Greg, you’ve been using SonarCloud for quite some time already, and I guess you know that we’re delivering every week new features with 0 downtime. Unfortunately yes, it turns out that we still need, once in a while, a maintenance timeframe: we are really sorry for this and be sure that we are striving to get rid of this while keeping on delivering continuously value to all our users.

1 Like