Security review blank after upgrade to LTS

Hi Sonar Team,

So recently we are upgrading our Sonarqube instance from 7.9.3 to the current LTS 8.9.6. Everything working fine so far , but we got this Security Review blank, there is no historical rating being recorded (attached in the image below)

Only the project which done its review in the recent time after the upgrade got the rating. Could you advise on this, is it expected we won’t get the historical data of this Security review ?

Additional info, we did the upgrade last week on 12th Jan 2022, and currently we are using Oracle DB and we still have LoC available under our licenses

Thank you
Taufik

Hi Taufik,

Welcome to the community!

This isn’t about LoC in the license.

I’m struggling to remember when we introduced the Security Review Rating, but I guess it was after 7.9. Just start reviewing the Security Hotspots in the underlying projects, and this should fill in automatically as time goes on.

HTH,
Ann

Hi @ganncamp ,

Thanks for clarification, but still got this question around, so is it mean we will lost the historical data/rating from the previous version ?

Thank you
Taufik

Hi Taufik,

You’re not losing anything because Security Review Rating wasn’t calculated previously. Even in our own dogfood instance, it only goes back to 29 Feb, 2020.

HTH,
Ann

Hi @ganncamp

Sorry i didn’t get it, because as you can see in my attached image, yes the review date was there but we lost the rating, so its got blank , is there anyway to recover this ?

Thank you
Taufik

Hi Taufik,

You upgraded from 7.9.3. In 7.9.3 there was no such metric as Security Hotspot Review Rating. Therefore, no measure values were calculated for it. While the underlying historical data is there, there are no historical calculations of the (then-nonexistant) rating. So: nothing is lost, because there was nothing there to loose. You can’t lose something you never had, and there’s nothing to recover.

Your SonarQube instance only started calculating the Security Hotspot Review Rating after you upgraded to 8.9.6.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

I would appreciate your clarification, it was really helpful

Thank you!