SCM doesnt work (auto assign)

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using ( * Enterprise Edition* Version 8.9.7)
  • what are you trying to achieve → we tried to implement SCM, so that every author of an issue gets an auto assignment
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this → we implemented the SCM tags for the different accounts however they still dont get any message/auto assignment

As far as i can see, SCM tags are not disabled:

Do you know, what might be the problem?

Hi,

Is that masch... id associated with a user account in SonarQube? My guess is it’s not. You can check by going to the user you expected to see this issue assigned to: Administration → Security → Users. Search for the user and check the ‘SCM Accounts’ column.

Ann

Yes, it is associated:

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. It shows that maschmidt was the last committer on the line. Can you check in the user records to make sure maschmidt actually shows up on a user record?

Ann

Thanks for your reply. This is his user record in SonarQube.

I added his user tag as his SCM account. Is this correct?

Hi,

Sorry, that’s exactly what you showed me in your previous post & it just didn’t register.

It certainly looks like all the pieces are in place for this assignment to have taken place. Before I refer this for a deeper dive… I just did a quick test in our production system. Those SCM account values aren’t trimmed. Could you double check that that value is maschmidt and only maschmidt (and not ‘ maschmidt’ or ‘maschmidt ’)?

Thx,
Ann

Hi,
yes, author is only ‘maschmidt’ and it doesnt differ.

Hi,

Okay, thanks. I’ve referred this internally.

BTW, is this happening with multiple folks or just maschmidt?

Also, and I’m not expecting there to be, but is there anything in your analysis log that might relate to this?

Ann

Yes, this is happening for mulitple folks.
We are using the web version of SonarQube, so where do i find the log?
Do you need this one here?

Hi,

I was asking about the CI/build agent-side log produced when the job runs.

Ann

sonarqube_web (1).log (43.3 KB)
sonarqube_es (1).log (21.9 KB)
sonarqube_ce (2).log (296.7 KB)

These are the logs i have in Sonarqube.

So, the auto assignment now works. However, they still dont get any mails or notifications. Do you know what might be the reason?

Hi,

I’m glad the assignment works for you now. It might be beneficial to others if you could post how you fixed it / what changed.

Regarding notifications, the docs should help. If you have further questions about notifications, please open a new thread. (We try to keep it to one issue per thread. Otherwise it gets messy.)

Ann