Running SonarScanner from the zip file

Hi,

I am new to SonarQube and I am currently using the community edition version 9.5 and I’m trying to run SonarQube from the zip file in macOS. I followed the documentation instructions for Running SonarScanner from the zip file from here: SonarScanner | SonarQube Docs. I am confused by the second step which states to Update the global settings to point to your SonarQube server by editing $install_directory/conf/sonar-scanner.properties: but there is no file name sonar-scanner.properties in the zip folder only a sonar.properties file. Is anyone familiar with how to run SonarQube from the zip file?

Hey there.

There sure seems to be a conf/sonar-scanner.properties file in the scanner installation directory. Am I missing something?

Ok yes, you are correct. I downloaded the community edition not the macOS sonar scanner file.

Yes, I see the conf/sonar-scanner.properties file. My question is what is meant by “Update the global settings to point to your SonarQube server by editing `$install_directory/conf/sonar-scanner.properties :”
Where do I update Global settings?