Run Code Analysis task on Azure DevOps is failing

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
  • what are you trying to achieve
  • what have you tried so far to achieve this

We’ve been using SonarQube for about 3 months now and have been using the Run Code Analysis task in our Azure DevOps pipelines. Today all of our pipelines fail unexpectedly on this task.

We are receiving an error from the Java Runtime Environment:

A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

# EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xc000001d) at pc=0x0000022e53f60f06, pid=9116, tid=8028

#

# JRE version: (14.0+36) (build )

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (14+36-1461, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

# v ~StubRoutines::call_stub

I have attached the full raw logs provided by Azure DevOps as well as the dump file from the JRE.

hs_err_pid9116.log (45.2 KB) RawLogs.txt (33.7 KB)

I am unable to find any other similar issues online.

SonarQube version: 8.2.0.32929

We also recently made an update to .NET Framework, I’m not sure that has anything to do with this error though. We were on 4.7, but we have updated to a combination of 4.7 & 4.8

@lskerritt It looks like you are using a Java 14 runtime during the build that is failing. Currently Java 14 is not support though. See also Issue java 14: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/jar/Pack200 and https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONARJAVA-3270.

Can you provide some more specifics on your build especially when it relates to Java. What is your source version, your targeted compile version?

1 Like