Question Upgrade from 7.7 to 8.3

Hello everyone,

First of all, I thank you in advance for your help!

We are currently going to upgradre our SonarQube Server ( Developer Edition Version 7.7 (build 23042)) - Postgres 10.8

to the latest version available (currently 8.3)

After going through the upgrade recommendations and the upgrades release notes of the in between versions, I still have some questions left.

• I am aware that we must proceed in two steps upgrade by going from 7.7 to 7.9 LTS to 8.3.
    ** My question is: do we need to let the server run some time in between the two upgrades, for example for background migration tasks to run or anything else that happens behind the curtains? (For example Github enterprise needs a 24h period in between 2 migrations processes)

• The Developer Edition is currently licensed.
    ** My question for this is: Do we have to set the license again after the upgrade somewhere or this is an automatic process?

• We currently have the CFamily Code Quality and Security plugin installed, but I see it is no longer compatible from version 8.3 in the plugin compatibility matrix
    ** My question is: Is this plugin replaced by something else?

Thank you again for your help, best regards,

Antony

No such rule here. Make sure your instance is up and running (and take a backup!) and move forwards. Please make sure you review the Upgrade Notes for v7.8 - 7.9 LTS and v8.0 - v8.3

As long as your Database URL doesn’t change, you’re good to go. The license will stay applied.

Oops, we need to add the 8.3.1 release to the marketplace metadata to fix that (I’ve raised a Pull Request). Never fear, the right version is packaged with SonarQube v8.3.1.

1 Like

Hello Colin,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

So, just complete the process and the “Setup” step for both upgrades one after the other and we should be good from what I understand?

Thanks for the reminder on the upgrade notes, had read them but just missed the one of v7.8 which includes something I need to adapt :+1:

Okay then I see, CFamily v 6.9 plugin comes inside 8.3, great!

I think I’m all set, I wish you a good day (or night depending where you are :slight_smile: ) and thanks again!

Antony

Run the setup step, login and make sure everything looks okay. Take a backup. Have a coffee, continue upgrading. :slight_smile:

Happy to help. You too!

1 Like