Publish Quality Gate Result will obviously fail if the destination IP address is not available through my network

Publish Quality Gate Result will fail if the destination IP address is not available through my network. Are these dynamic, or is there a known range we can pass on to our networking & security teams?
Thanks.

What error do you get? AFAIK, the “Publish Quality Gate” task only polls SonarCloud to get information. So if the previous tasks (Prepare and Run) managed to get executed correctly, there is no reason why the third one would fail.

If the SonarCloud destination is not available through my network, then it fails, obviously. That’s why that IP addresses range would be very interesting.

##[error][SQ] Could not fetch metrics
##[error][SQ] API GET '/api/metrics/search' failed, error was: {"code":"ETIMEDOUT","errno":"ETIMEDOUT","syscall":"connect","address":"3.122.221.64","port":443}
##[error][SQ] API GET '/api/ce/task' failed, error was: {"code":"ETIMEDOUT","errno":"ETIMEDOUT","syscall":"connect","address":"3.122.221.64","port":443}
##[error][SQ] Could not fetch task for ID 'AWsszntyuwP4R_Xmfdgp'

What I don’t understand is: if that’s a network issue, then the “Run Code Analysis” task would fail before this one, because it queries SonarCloud several times.

What is suspicious is that I can’t find the task ID ‘AWsszntyuwP4R_Xmfdgp’ in our system. Can you tell me what is your project key?

Hi Fabrice,

Thank you for following up on this.

“I can’t find the task ID ‘AWsszntyuwP4R_Xmfdgp’ in our system”

Sorry about that, I redacted that identifier. I’d be happy to share it with you over a non-public channel, if you think that would help you in helping me. :slight_smile:

BTW

“if that’s a network issue, then the “Run Code Analysis” task would fail before this one, because it queries SonarCloud several times.”

I sometimes also get errors in that step, as follows:
org.sonar.scanner.scan.ProjectScanContainer.doAfterStart(ProjectScanContainer.java:343)

Have no way of relating to connection issues, though.

Hi Susana,

As a cloud service, we cannot provide you a list of ip addresses ranges, because we cannot simply guarantee that they wouldn’t change in the future. We are however pretty sure that the domain will remain the same.

Do you have some sort of proxy or firewall preventing TLS calls to be intercepted ?

To me it looks like more a network issue.

Thanks,

Mickaël

Hi Mickaël,

Issue was solved by our network team, yes, with *:443.
Thanks!