Project data reload issues after upgrading to 8.5.1

Hello community,

Today I have tried to upgrade from 8.4 to 8.5.1 (developer edition in both cases). I’m running sonar using docker, and as db I’m using postgres (9.6.20) also running it on docker.

The upgrade was working fine until the part in which sonar starts the reindexing of the different projects (we have 31 projects / 120 branches in total / ~750k lines in code between all these projects). All the background task to reload the project data for our project worked fine (it took some minutes, but that’s completely normal), but there is one that cannot completed.

I checked ce.log and I can see the following:

2020.11.24 07:56:34 INFO  ce[][o.s.c.t.CeWorkerImpl] Execute task | project=xxxx | type=ISSUE_SYNC | branch=master | branchType=BRANCH | id=workerId
2020.11.24 07:56:34 INFO  ce[workerId][o.s.c.t.p.t.IndexIssuesStep] indexing issues of branch AXMTf-waQcTrqwS5IfVt
2020.11.24 07:56:34 INFO  ce[workerId][o.s.c.t.s.ComputationStepExecutor] index issues | status=SUCCESS | time=143ms
2020.11.24 07:56:34 INFO  ce[workerId][o.s.c.t.CeWorkerImpl] Executed task | project=xxxx | type=ISSUE_SYNC | branch=master | branchType=BRANCH | id=workerId | status=SUCCESS | time=153ms
2020.11.24 07:56:36 INFO  ce[][o.s.c.t.CeWorkerImpl] worker workerId - May found no pending task (including indexation task). Disabling indexation task lookup for this worker until next SonarQube restart

The message displayed in Sonar UI (below the menu):

SonarQube is reloading project data. Some projects will be unavailable until this process is complete. 99% complete.See background tasks for more information.

I waited 3h already - and I don’t see any progress on the re-indexing. I also noticed that the issues page (issues?resolved=false) cannot be accessed:

Issues page is temporarily unavailable

This page will be available after the data is reloaded. This might take a while depending on the amount of projects and issues in your SonarQube instance.

You can keep analyzing your projects during this process.

I followed some of the recommendations from similar posts (removing es6 & restarting / VACUUM FULL on the postgres instance):

but I don’t manage to make it work. Can anyone give me a hand with this issue?

Regards,

Javier G.

Hi, you may face this bug. Could you please execute this SQL query on your SQ database and tell us if you got any match?

select * from project_branches pb
where not exists (select 1 from projects p where p.uuid = pb.project_uuid)

And also this one:

select project_uuid from project_branches where need_issue_sync is true
1 Like

It was exactly this issue - I had a corrupted entry from 1 year ago in the project_branches that wasn’t linked to any project - after removing this entry from the db, the issue was solved.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Javier G.

Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Hey, for future readers, this has been fixed in 8.6 :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.