PR decoration on Xamarin project

Hi,

I am Running SonarQube 8.3 and have PR decoration up and running. This is working fine when I run PR decoration on a Android or iOS only app.
However we mainly work Xamarin based projects. These projects usually contain common projects for both Android and iOS app versions, but also iOS and Android specific projects.
I have setup 2 projects in SonarQube 1 for Android and 1 for iOS. I have setup the build scripts in Microsoft Appcenter, in such a way that when appcenter builds the Android version of the app, the sonarscanner references the Android project on the SonarQube server.

Now we also want to enable PR decoration. I have opted to use github actions for this, because ms appcenter isn’t triggered by a pull request. The trouble I have is that in a Github action I don’t see a way to determine if it should connect to the Android project on the SQ server, or the iOS project.

I would like to know if:

• it is correct to setup 2 projects. 1 for the Android app and 1 for the iOS app.
  • if there is another way to accomplish PR decoration in the situation I have tried to describe.
    Thank you in advance

Kind regards,
P. Herms

Hi P,

I’ll be honest & say I don’t fully understand your situation. And I want to point out that in the just-released 8.8 we added support for GitHub Actions. My suggestion is to upgrade for the new functionality & see if that doesn’t help resolve your questions.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thank you for your reply.
I haven’t read the release notes yet, so perhaps version 8.8 allows me to accomplish my goals. I guess I will upgrade and see if that helps.

KInd regards,
pherms