Plugin error on upgrade

Hello,

Thank you for the response but we are currently facing another issue which is while installing plugin’s in new sonarqube version 8.9.9 LTS Developer edition - when we install below plugin’s it’s not allowing to install and gets below error

Plugin’s we are trying to install

checkstyle-sonar-plugin-4.11.jar
sonar-auth-github-plugin-1.3.jar
sonar-csharp-plugin-7.1.0.5212.jar
sonar-findbugs-plugin-3.8.0.jar
sonar-flex-plugin-2.4.0.1222.jar
sonar-github-plugin-1.4.2.1027.jar
sonar-groovy-plugin-1.5.jar
sonar-jacoco-plugin-1.0.1.143.jar
sonar-java-plugin-5.6.0.15032.jar
sonar-javascript-plugin-4.1.0.6085.jar
sonar-ldap-plugin-2.2.0.608.jar
sonar-php-plugin-2.13.0.3107.jar
sonar-pmd-plugin-2.6.jar
sonar-python-plugin-1.10.0.2131.jar
sonar-scm-git-plugin-1.4.1.1128.jar
sonar-scm-svn-plugin-1.7.0.1017.jar
sonar-typescript-plugin-1.6.0.2388.jar
sonar-xml-plugin-1.5.1.1452.jar

when we tried installing sonar-java-plugin-5.6.0.15032.jar & sonar-jacoco-plugin-1.0.1.143.jar we get the below error and sonarqube doesn’t startup

ERROR web[][o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed: Found a plugin 'JaCoCo' in the directory 'extensions/plugins' with the same key [jacoco] as a built-in feature 'JaCoCo'. Please remove 'extensions/plugins/sonar-jacoco-plugin-2.3.jar'.

`ERROR web[o.s.s.p.PlatformImpl] Web server startup failed: Found a plugin ‘JavaScript/Typescript’ Code Quality and Security’ in the directory ‘extensions/plugins’ with the same key [javascript] as a built-in feature ‘JavaScript/Typescript’ Code Quality and Security’. Please remove ‘extensions/plugins/sonar-javascript-plugin-4.1.0.6085.jar’.

Jenkins build failed with below error saying jacoco is not installed

**19:36:43** Property 'sonar.groovy.jacoco.reportPath' is deprecated (JaCoCo binary format). 'sonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths' should be used instead (JaCoCo XML format). Please check that the JaCoCo plugin is installed on your SonarQube Instance. **19:36:43** Coverage information was not collected. Perhaps you forget to include debug information into compiled classes?

Plugin version matrix doesn’t mention jacoco/java plugin - https://sonarqube-1.production.squaretrade.com/documentation/instance-administration/plugin-version-matrix/

Please advise! - Thank you!

Hi,

“[A]nother issue” deserves another thread, so I’ve moved your post to its own thread. :smiley:

Why are you trying to install old versions of bundled functionality. Personally I think the error message you quoted is pretty clear.

Per the upgrade instructions (emphasis mine):

1. If you’re using third-party plugins, Manually install plugins that are compatible with your version of SonarQube.

Ehm… I’m confused. I thought your server wasn’t starting. You shouldn’t get this far into analysis with a server that won’t start.

Yep. That’s because it’s no longer delivered as a plugin, but as bundled functionality.

HTH,
Ann

Hello Ann,

Thanks for your quick response…
I’ve removed the plugins shown above, and the only third party plugin we have installed now is Groovy. I am still seeing issues with the scan telling me to install the jacoco plugin

here is the build error -

12:35:55 11:35:54.369 [INFO] [org.sonarqube.gradle.SonarQubeTask] Both 'sonar.groovy.jacoco.reportPath' and 'sonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths' were set. 'sonar.groovy.jacoco.reportPath' is deprecated therefore, only 'sonar.coverage.jacoco.xmlReportPaths' will be taken into account. Please check that the JaCoCo plugin is installed on your SonarQube Instance.

and also sonarqube task says file Resource not found error:

> Task :sonarqube **18:09:59** CodeNarc completed: (p1=0; p2=0; p3=0) 16ms **18:09:59** Metric 'test_success_density' is an internal metric computed by SonarQube. Provided value is ignored. **18:09:59** Resource not found: com.squaretrade.cappsbpm.implementation.email.util.FeignExceptionHandlerUtilTest **18:09:59** Resource not found: com.squaretrade.cappsbpm.implementation.email.service.CommunicationTransmissionEmailSenderImpTest **18:09:59** File not found: com/squaretrade/cappsbpm/service/CustomerCommunicationRuleService.java **18:09:59** File not found: com/squaretrade/cappsbpm/exception/SourceRootClientException.java **18:09:59** File not found: com/squaretrade/cappsbpm/consumer/ClaimApprovalEvent.java **18:09:59** File not found: com/squaretrade/cappsbpm/config/CamundaApiSecurityConfig.java **18:09:59** File not found: com/squaretrade/cappsbpm/featuretoggle/SendEmailFeatures.java

Hi,

We really do try to keep it to one topic per thread. Otherwise it gets messy, fast. That’s why I split this into a separate topic.

JaCoCo support is native functionality. If you’re still having trouble, I suggest you start over from a fresh zip expansion.

Ann

Hi Ann,

Here is the fresh thread for the issue:
https://squaretrade-eng.slack.com/archives/D03JEK5BF7D/p1673631132480059

Thanks,
shiva