thank you for taking care,
- You are using SonarCFamily, not another plugin
yes, it is also listed in the SonarScanner output:
15:00:29.438 INFO: Load/download plugins (done) | time=166ms
15:00:29.566 DEBUG: Plugins:
15:00:29.567 DEBUG: * SonarCFamily 184.108.40.20686 (cpp)
- You are using the build wrapper to configure the analysis
yes, this is the executed command:
C:\Tools\sonar-build-wrapper-win-x86\build-wrapper-win-x86-64.exe --out-dir sonar_bw_output conan build --build-folder build_host .
- The same code triggers an issue if it is in a C file, not if it is in a header file
yes, its even the header file included (C-wise) in the .c file:
- If you analyze the code in the master branch, the issue is reported
i re-checked this and this type of issue is also not reported in the develop (long-lived) branch so i added some more code to trigger different kinds of issues and it seems that just rules checking comments in the code are not triggering issues.
E.g. the rules c:S2323, c:C99CommentUsage and c:S1103 are not triggering issues in header files but c:Union and c:PPUndefUsage do.
So my question/issue has changed to: whether/why comment-related rules are not applied to header files?
- In the same header file, you can see that some other issues are reported
yes, i tried some non-comment-related rule, they all trigger issues.
- The issue is not a previously existing one, it is one that is introduced by a change in the header file in the branch that you analyze.
Additionally, could you provide us with the analysis logs, as well as with the build wrapper files?
i would need to make sure these logs do not contain any confidential information.
I assume that due to the new insights stated above the logsmay not be relevant anymore, otherwise i will prepare the logs if needed.