Not able to see License apply option

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• which versions are you using : Version 8.9.1.44547

• what are you trying to achieve : Recently we have purchased developer soanrqube license but we couldn’t able to see any option to apply the license on sonarqube UI.

• what have you tried so far to achieve this : not see any relevant information yet on sonar doc.

Please help to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

A user with global admin permissions will find that part of the UI at Administration → Configuration → License Manager.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

I have log in using admin permission but still License manager option not visible.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you see ‘Administration’ in the top, black menu?

Ann

HI,

Yes its tr … I can see it.

Administration → Configuration →
doesn’t showing license manager option

Here’s what I see:

What do you see?

Ann

HI Ann…

License manager option not visible to me in dropdown. only General settings, encryption, webbooks portfolio is visible.

even marketplace have no option of license:

Hi @Amit_Shinde ,

you only see this field when you deploy a comercial edition of SQ. so when you just boughed the developer license you need to setup a developer edition of SQ and apply the license there. all your data is persisted in the database, so the high level workflow could look like this:

• shutdown community edition
  • setup and configure developer edition (i think you can just use your old sonar.properties file)
  • start the developer edition
  • login with your admin account
  • apply the license
  • wait for all projects to be reindexed
  • your developer edition is ready to be used

hope that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @DefinitelyNotTobi for the solution. I am now able to apply license after upgrading to developer edition from community.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.