[NEW RELEASE] OpenAPI Plugin v1.0.0

sonarqube

(Girard-Reydet) #1

Hi there,

I am working on a new plugin to analyze OpenAPI contracts. It will includes checks for every particulars of OpenAPI v2.0 and 3.0.[0,1] as well as some checks for good practices.
The plugin is well advanced and a few weeks from release. I’m looking for volunteers to review the code and/or contribute to the initial set of rules. I also need guidance about the do’s and dont’s of SonarLint (I’m not very experienced with it, only with SonarQube/SonarScanner).

The code is not open-sourced yet but will be soon on Societe Generale’s GitHub. Anybody interested, feel free to answer here or contact me!

Cheers,
Vincent

(G Ann Campbell) #2

Hi Vincent,

You mentioned that you’re looking for pointers on playing nice with SonarLint. Before you spin your wheels too long on that I want to mention that 3rd-party plugins simply don’t work with SonarLint; they’re not on the whitelist. Why? We already get complaints that some 3rd-party plugins bog down analysis even when they’re not needed (*cough*FindBugs*cough*).

That’s bad enough, but when it has the potential to slow your IDE to a crawl or worse, we just can’t take the risk of running plugins we don’t master.

Thanks for understanding,
Ann