[NEW RELEASE] OpenAPI Plugin v1.0.0

Hi there,

I am working on a new plugin to analyze OpenAPI contracts. It will includes checks for every particulars of OpenAPI v2.0 and 3.0.[0,1] as well as some checks for good practices.
The plugin is well advanced and a few weeks from release. I’m looking for volunteers to review the code and/or contribute to the initial set of rules. I also need guidance about the do’s and dont’s of SonarLint (I’m not very experienced with it, only with SonarQube/SonarScanner).

The code is not open-sourced yet but will be soon on Societe Generale’s GitHub. Anybody interested, feel free to answer here or contact me!

Cheers,
Vincent

Hi Vincent,

You mentioned that you’re looking for pointers on playing nice with SonarLint. Before you spin your wheels too long on that I want to mention that 3rd-party plugins simply don’t work with SonarLint; they’re not on the whitelist. Why? We already get complaints that some 3rd-party plugins bog down analysis even when they’re not needed (*cough*FindBugs*cough*).

That’s bad enough, but when it has the potential to slow your IDE to a crawl or worse, we just can’t take the risk of running plugins we don’t master.

Thanks for understanding,
Ann