[NEW RELEASE] ibmix-aem-sonar-rules 1.0

Hi :slight_smile:

This is the first marketplace release of our IBM iX AEM rules SonarQube plugin.
Current version of the plugin is 1.0 and the jar can be found in the GitHub releases section

This plugin contains 18 Java rules for AEM development based on our company development guidelines which could help others improve their code quality.
For more information about the rules, please refer to the GitHub repository home page - each rule contains a link to a separate readme file with more information about that specific rule

Repository homepage:

SonarCloud:
https://sonarcloud.io/summary/new_code?id=ibmix-aem-sonar-rules

Link to the PR:

Version compatibility: [9.0,LATEST]

If it is the first release of the plugin, please mention that the plugin should be added to the Plugin Library page. (Otherwise, we’re likely to forget!)

Hope we’ve done everything correctly as required, if not please let me know.
Also, please let me know if you need a project for testing with some internationally placed issues that will show warnings based on the rules in the plugin.

Best,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Just as an FYI, I see this but I won’t be able to look at it until next week.

Ann

Hi again,

I had a little more time than I expected this afternoon.

The bureaucratic requirements look good. Please do provide a project for testing & I’ll finish this up next week.

Ann

Hi Ann,
thank you for the quick reply,
Will try to set up a testing project tomorrow and send it over.

Best,
Martin

I’ve attached a sample project to this post that can be used for testing.
The project is based on the AEM archetype with additionally added code that triggers warnings for all 18 rules from this plugin.

sample-project.zip (500.3 KB)

Best,
Martin

1 Like

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the sample project.

This is an incredibly clean initial submission. I only need one change, and there’s no way you could have known about it ahead of time. I need you to make this disappear from the manifest:

Plugin-RequirePlugins: java:7.1.0.26670

(Cause & solution in this thread)

Since you’ll need to re-release for that, could you also update your PR? As you’ll see in the thread I cited, I made some broad changes in the metadata repo yesterday & the list of plugins in update-center-source.properties has changed.

Thx,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for taking the time to look at the project.
I’ve made the change you mentioned and released the 1.1 version of the plugin. The PR has been updated as well.

Here is the new submission thread:

Best,
Martin