Multiple project tag selection on projects space is missing (7.x and later)

Hi team!

I don’t know if this is a bug or it was changed on purpose but on SonarQube 6.7 (LTS) you are able to select multiple tags to filter projects on projects space the same way as filtering by ratings, languages, …

Today I realize that in 7.x versions this feature is missing. For me it doesn’t make any sense to be able to tag a project with multiple tags if you cannot filter later.

Any information about why this feature is broken?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

Are you saying the behavior changed from and to or?

Ann

Hi Ann,

No, I’m just saying that there is no way to select two different project tags at the same time from the UI.

Thanks!

Yuh-huh! :slight_smile:

Use Ctrl-click.

HTH,
Ann

It doesn’t work for me :frowning:

It works on issues space selecting multiple rule tags, but it is not working on projects browser page when selecting project tags.

I’m using macOS with Safari, but I tried with Chrome too without success. I tried using “command + click” instead of “ctrl + click” but it doesn’t work.

Could you confirm that it works for you with project tags?

Thanks!

Yup:

Selection_538

In fact, I tested it before I asked you about and/or.

Ann

OMG!

I have just tested it on Windows and it works… :frowning:

Then it seems to be a problem with macOS because I trying with Safari, Chrome, Firefox, … and it doesn’t work.

Is there a way you can test it on macOS? I’m going crazy thinking it is me and not the UI who is not working…

1 Like

@acalero I’m on Linux but I’ve referred this internally for further investigation.

Ann

1 Like

Thank you @ganncamp!

I have tried on different macOS machines and the problem is there as well.

Let me know if you find any way to fix this or if it is really a “bug” :slight_smile:

We have confirmed the issue, and indeed it is on macOS. Thanks @acalero for the report!

I created a ticket here: https://jira.sonarsource.com/browse/SONAR-12402

1 Like