'Multiple entries with same key' failure when submitting Background Task

Can I give you anything else to help with my problem?

Hi Lindsey,

You’re not alone :slight_smile: I might have personally reached my limits in digging the root-cause here, but I’ll poke a few persons to see if we can narrow-it down. I strongly suspect that this is related to the fact that you’ve had concurrent swift analyzers at one point in time (the one built in the Developer Edition , + the backelite one you mentioned), but if you’ve uninstalled the backelite one then the problem should certainly resolve.

• do you confirm you’ve restarted SonarQube after removing the backelite plugin ?
  • are you setting sonar.language or not ?
  • what is this run-sonar-swift.sh script you mention ? SonarQube does not provide any such script.
  • have you tried following the more standard steps to analyze a Swift project ? It would good to know the behaviour you observe by following this documentation (sharing logs if any issue)

I never removed the backelite plugin, 0.3.7 is still in my server plugin list. What I did remove was homebrew’s sonar. Bakelite’s page has a sonar-swift.sh file that it tells me to run https://github.com/Backelite/sonar-swift

Also, I do have the language set in my sonar-project.properties file located in the same folder as my project and the run-sonar-swift.sh file.
sonar.language = swift
51%20AM

Ah! Well in that case I can only reiterate what I previously shared:

Detection of bugs/vulnerabilities/code_smells in Swift code is a built-in feature of the SonarQube Developer Edition. You cannot add another plugin (like the backelite one) that covers a language already analysed natively by the Edition you’re running (Swift in this example).

To resolve the current conflict you should uninstall the backelite swift plugin, restart your SonarQube server, and then follow the documentation to analyze Swift code with SonarQube.

Last but not least, it’s worth noting that the backelite swift plugin was in fact importing issues from SwiftLint. Note that upcoming versions of SonarQube’s Swift Analyzer will natively support the import of SwiftLint issues ( MMF-1383 ).

Erasing the backelite plug from the server, installing homebrew sonar-scanner and running sonar-scanner from by base directory worked. Thank you so much for your time and help.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the follow-through.