Migrate sonarqube service from windows 2016 to windows 2019

I am trying to upgrade our current sonarqube server from windows 2016 to 2019. I have downloaded java, set the env variables, downloaded sonarqube , copied the config and data files, installed the service but it is not starting. I have done these steps from scratch twice. Is there something. Are there any step by step-by-step guides to help me through this project.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

You haven’t specified which part isn’t working or what symptoms you’re seeing, so it’s hard to be precise with helping you.

There’s a mention in the upgrade notes that might help.

Other than that, I can only suggest taking a step back. You’ve just done a major OS upgrade. Before trying to start your SonarQube instance as a Windows service, why not try starting it up from the command line by executing <SONARQUBE_HOME>/bin/windows-x86-64/StartSonar.bat as a test of your SonarQube setup. Once that’s up and running, then you can move on to getting it re-established as a service.

And of course, if it doesn’t start from the command line, then bring us the errors in your server logs and we’ll go from there.

HTH,
Ann