Manual assignment of new issues setup during Prepare analysis on SonarCloud

• ALM used: Azure DevOps
  • CI system used: Azure DevOps
  • Languages of the repository: c#

We are using Azure DevOps integration with sonar cloud, I understand there is no blame support, but would like to manually assign new issues created from that analysis to a single person. In the Prepare analysis on SonarCloud task, under Advanced / Additional Properties, I can setup params, but what is the param to use to assign new issues created to a person?

Welcome to the community!

I’m not sure what you mean by “there is no blame support”. In Git repositories we use the blame information to automatically assign issues to the committers of the changed line.

There is no such scanner parameter to assign issues to a specific user. As an alternative, you could use the bulk change feature on the SonarCloud UI to assign many issues to a single user at once.

Janos,

Thank you for the reply, we are using tfvc, not git. So as I understand it there is no support for automatic issue assignment. We have the sonar analysis setup for every check-in. We would like to, some way without user intervention, assign new issues created during that analysis to the person who did the check in. I was hoping there was just a property we could set, but from your statement it sounds like that isn’t available. Is there a way to add a tag, or something to identify the issues created? Is there an api call to find the issues created from a certain analysis?

You can use the /api/issues/search to fetch issues of a pull request or branch. And then you could use /api/issues/bulk_change to assign them to a user.