Login with Azure DevOps fails with identity provider live.com

I get this error when trying to login with azure devops:

AADSTS50020: User account ‘removed@gmail.com’ from identity provider ‘live.com’ does not exist in tenant ‘SonarSource’ and cannot access the application ‘0cd6ff8b-c8a8-4ab6-8f60-516f5bc5354a’ in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

I guess it’s a configuration error somewhere at sonarsource?

Hi,

As explained when putting the mouse over the question mark near the “With Azure DevOps” button, you can authenticate using your Azure AD work or school accounts.

I suspect your account is not a work or school one ?

Regards,
Julien Lancelot

It’s my private microsoft/windows account that is connected to the company’s Azure DevOps account. That will not be supported?

If you get this error, it’s indeed that this account is not supported.

HI,

I am getting the same error when i have trying to logged in using Microsoft account(i.e. my personal mail id associated with Microsoft account) in sonar cloud. Please let me know if you have any suggestion

I’m getting same error. It was working fine before but suddently its stop working and it gives below error
AADSTS50020: User account ‘xxxxx@gatewaytechnolabs.com’ from identity provider ‘live.com’ does not exist in tenant ‘SonarSource’ and cannot access the application ‘0cd6ff8b-c8a8-4ab6-8f60-516f5bc5354a’(Sonarcloud) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account.

Hi there,

We recently made improvements on Microsoft Authentication, and, not only supporting personal account, we support the full MSAL system, with V2 authorization endpoint, which might help you in what you want to achieve.

Could you please test again and let us know ?

Thank you very much !

Mickaël