Keep the instance of SQ in Azure Virtual Machine image

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

*which versions are you using (SonarQube, Scanner, Plugin, and any relevant extension)
SonarQube Community Edition

• what are you trying to achieve
    I want to install SonarQube on Azure VM and then create an image of the VM (with the instance of SonarQube running on it)

• what have you tried so far to achieve this
    I install the SQ Community Edition on VM, but when I generalize the Azure VM and create the Image, the instance of SQ it disappeared.

More exactly, this image will be used to create new instances in Azure Virtual Machine Scale Set (VMSS)

Hey there.

I wouldn’t say we’re familiar with Azure Virtual Machine Images (and if you create an image of a VM and the services on that VM stop running… you probably want to talk to Azure).

And, looking into Virtual Machine Scale Sets, it looks like you’re trying to achieve high availability which is not supported on the Community Edition of SonarQube. This is available starting in the Data Center Edition.

Hi Colin,
Many thanks for feedback. Now it’s ok, I changed the design and we are using trial mode for Enterprise Edition.
Btw, the SQ instance disappears due to the decentralization of the virtual machine, this process has impact over the SQ.

Regards,