Java Compatibility question

SonarQube server:

• Community Edition
  • Version 7.3 (build 15553)

SonarQube Java version: 1.8
SonarScanner Java version: 11.05

We are getting the following error on Sonar Ant Task 2.5 Scanner run:

%> ant sonarcheck
[sonar:sonar] java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unsupported class file major version 55

Is this issue due to java version incompatibility?

Hi @mdt27855,

Welcome to the SonarSource Community!

I think you may be running into a similar issue as this thread here.

Please try upgrading your SonarJava plugin and try again.

Joe

I saw that as well, I’m just not sure 100% how to do that at the moment

I found this: SonarJava

Code Analyzer for Java * 5.6.1 (build 15064) installed

Here are the docs for SonarQube 7.3: https://docs.sonarqube.org/7.3/Marketplace.html

Basically, you need Administrative permission, log in, then navigate to Administration > Marketplace look for SoanrJava plugin. Then click on the “Update to 5.7 (build x)” button on the right-hand side, restart SonarQube, and try re-scanning your project again.

An aside: I highly suggest you upgrade to 7.9 LTS or our latest 8.5.1 version where many security and performance improvements have been made. Documentation here is also much better since it’s up to date.

Joe

Thanks! That worked, I updated it manually to a newer version and things worked as expected! It’s been some time since I’ve worked on SonarQube. Thanks for the information!

You’re welcome! Please enjoy the SonarQube experience :grin:

I again encourage you to upgrade to the latest version (with the latest plugins) and your experience will greatly improve!

Joe

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.