I like to understand what the difference between issue addLocation and addFlow is?
- I found in your documentation: https://docs.sonarqube.org/latest/user-guide/issues/#header-1
- … and the API: https://github.com/SonarSource/sonarqube/blob/master/sonar-plugin-api/src/main/java/org/sonar/api/batch/sensor/issue/NewIssue.java
But for me it seems that
addLocation is the same as
addFlow with only one flow?
- When should I use which of the API function?
- What is the difference in the UI?
The items in both cases are
NewIssueLocation. Each individual NewIssueLocation can have an own InputComponent (file, dir, module) and message. In some cases messages belong to locations outside of the project (e.g. a library):
- How can I handle this? Is it allowed to set file paths that do not exist in the project?