Is it possible to create a project with Project version as "Blank"

Hi Team,

We are using SonarQube community 9.4 Edition.

I have some queries on New Code using Previous version reference.

I tried the below scenarios.

Step-1: Build the Jenkins Job and created a baseline project on SonarQube dash board with 10.0.0 as project version.

Step-2: Add some lines of code and changed the project version as blank(<sonar.projectVersion></sonar.projectVersion) and build the Jenkins Job.

The project in SonarQube still showing the version as “10.0.0”. Need to understand is it possible to analysis the project with empty project version.

I need to try the below scenario.
1.Create a project with blank version.
2.set the New Code period as Previous version.
3.Add some lines of code by changing the version from blank to 1.0.0 and build the job.
4. need to check New code from Previous version “blank”

Is it possible to complete the above scenario’s ?..If yes , please let me know how we can do…

Thanks,
Naresh

Hi Naresh,

It’s not possible to analyze with a blank sonar.projectVersion value. If you don’t provide one, I it defaults to “not provided”.

If you’re using SonarScanner for Maven, sonar.projectVersion is your project <version>.

Given your scenario, it seems that your goal is to set the first analysis as the new code baseline. You can do that through the UI.

:warning: Make sure you upgrade to SonarQube v9.9 LTS soon, not only to benefit from our Best LTS Ever™, but because soon we will systematically ask users to upgrade when they ask questions about earlier versions of SonarQube, which are now considered unsupported. :smiley:

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for response