How to view projects that belong to two(or more) selected tags?

How do I select multiple tags to see projects that are in “all” of those tags? Currently, if I select multiple tags, all projects that are in “any” of the tags are shown. I am using sonarqube 7.

Thanks
Akanksha

Hi Akanksha,

Welcome to the community!

In addition to (properly) starting this new thread with your question, you resurrected another thread with exactly the same post. Please don’t do that. I’ve deleted the post you added to the old thread.

In answer to your question, that’s just not the way the interface was designed. The selection is for or, not and.

HTH,
Ann

Thanks Ann. The order of events was the other way round, and i could not delete the reply on the other thread - thanks for deleting it!

Anyway, for this question : do you think the use case to see “and” of tags is valid? If so, can a feature request for the same be submitted? Again, I am new here and do not know how feature requesting works.

Thanks
Akanksha

Hi Akanksha,

I’ve referred this for internal UX review.

At the same time, I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you. Why? Because I suspect that explicitly giving the user the and/or choice would really complicate the interface and it’s already fairly complicated. On the other hand flipping the current functionality would freak out all the people who are used to it the way it is.

What you might find helpful is the ability to call the web services directly (use your browser’s inspector to see which web services to call). You haven’t really stated your use case, but you could make a web service call outside the SonarQube UI for each of your tags of interest and then filter for membership in all groups.

HTH,
Ann