How to scan Source code folder which includes CPP, Java,Python,GoLang and PS Script in single project

Must-share information (formatted with Markdown):

• Sonar Qube Enterprise Trial 8.5 ( Fresh Install)
  • Need to scan source code folder which includes interdependent code of CPP,GoLang, Python, PS, Java)
  • Need some pointer to start from scratch. I don’t want to separate code files on base of languages.

Hi,

Welcome to the community!

What you’ve described is how it works by default.

• Java needs to be compiled before analysis & you’ll need to feed in the resulting binaries in addition to the code (docs).
  • C++ also needs to be compiled before analysis, using the Build Wrapper. Rather than feeding the binaries into analysis, you’ll feed in the Build Wrapper output file (docs)
  • I guess PS is for PostScript, which we don’t analyze
  • there are no particular requirements for analyzing Python & Go

Presumably you’ll use SonarScanner CLI. Those docs should get you started.

HTH,
Ann

Hi Ann,
Appreciate your response, however, we are struggling to get JAVA compilation error-free.
The reason behind it is it has many environmental variable sets and if I simply do ant sonar, it’s not going to pick up the dependency on its own. This seems to be tedious or something we are missing.
Do we have any latest video to see how CPP + JAVA are scanned? That might help us

Regards,
Manish V

Hi Manish,

I’m sorry, but you’re going to have to master the compilation before you can analyze.

:woman_shrugging:
Ann